Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Album

Today I woke barking like a seal, and being in food retail, I decided to save the good people of Corvallis from my sickness and stay home. Bleh.

I am forcing myself to not be productive....I suppose dishes, laundry, and catching up with deskwork can wait. Instead, I found myself on the laptop, making a folder of pictures to print for an eventual wedding album.

Growing up, I have fond memories of going to the album shelf, and pulling out the large, white album from my parent's wedding...ah, it was like science fiction, going back in time to a place where I didn't exist, yet the people seemed so eerily familiar. (And you have to admit, the fashions of a few decades ago were fabulous. Exactly like my own wedding will look to the next generation...I even used that trendy sage green color you'll be able to find someday in a Wikipedia article entitled "Fad Colors of 2012.") But really, I very much enjoyed leafing through the pages of my parent's album, seeing how the family looked back before I was born. Fascinating stuff.

Therefore, I must make an album, so my child can someday say "Mom! You really chose sage green?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment